- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Sinn’s office prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- A patient should cease smoking at least two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. Smoking slows healing and contributes to complications.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office immediately. Please call Advanced Facial & Oral Surgery at 817-225-3223 if you have any questions.